We want to say Thank You to all the local businesses who have chosen to be a part of the 2014-15 Business Campaign!Make sure to stop by and show your appreciation to the following businesses:
- Okie’s Thriftway
- Pacific Integrated Martial Arts
- Pacific Eye Clinic
- Dennis Company
- The Pickled Fish
- Adrift Hotel and Spa
- Sid’s Supermarket
- Active Enterprises
- Jack’s Country Store
- Oman & Son Builders Supply
- Northwest Insurance and Financial
- Kiss of Mist Espresso
If you’d like to receive our monthly newsletter by email, let Allie know at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Ocean Beach School District received a 21st Century Learning Communities grant through a partnership with our local Boys and Girls Club and Save the Children. Through this wonderful collaboration we are now able to implement a Peninsula Active Learning (PAL) center as part of our Power Hour and Project Learn programming.
PAL programming will begin on Tuesday, October 14th at both the Boys and Girls Club located in the Ilwaco High School and Ocean Park Elementary. PAL will continue to run every Monday through Thursday (excluding non-school days) for most of the school year.
Your child will arrive at the after school program and first get a nutritious supper, then receive homework help and if needed, tutoring from school district experts! All youth will participate in Power Hour to get their homework done, and we will work closely with the school district to offer your child the boost and enrichment that they want and need. Youth will go on to receive enrichment opportunities in science, technology and Healthy Choices through the remainder of the PAL program which ends at 6:00 PM Monday – Thursday.
Other opportunities at our club in Ilwaco this year include:
- Zumba Kids is every Tuesday and Thursday from 5:30-6:00 PM permission slips are available at the front desk.
- Zumba adult and family 6:00 – 7:00 PM. If your child is 12 and up they can participate in this fun activity with you (younger members must attend Zumba Kids) Adults $6 / students free!
- Walking field trips to study science and nature most Fridays!
- PGA Golf Academy 6 sessions (TBD)
- Toastmasters for Youth January and February 2015 ( beginner public speaking classes)
- Torch Club and other Leadership opportunities
- Cooking with Rita and Barbra
- Robotics and much more!
Please remember the club is closed on Monday, October 13th (non-school day) as we prepare for these exciting changes and opportunities for your child.
We look forward to your continued support and feedback as we pilot these new programs!
This week at a glance:
Piggy Bank Decorating
Cooking with Rita and Barbara
& Water Color painting with Miss Schimi
& Zumba Kids
Dance Committee Meeting
& Zumba Kids
Halloween Art Project
Join us Monday September 22nd for our first day of club and parent orientation at 5:30 PM.
All youth must have a MEMBER ENROLLMENT FORM on file before child can attend.
OBSD will provide an activities bus to transport all OBSD youth to the elementary schools each evening. The bus is scheduled to leave the high school at 6:05 PM. First drop off will be Long Beach Elementary. Second drop off will be at Ocean Park Elementary for parent pick up.
See you soon!